Saturday, February 04, 2006

Vet in training

Ok so still no pics but have found out the right slot for the memory card so fingers crossed tomorrow.
I haven't managed any knitting today either, in fact I haven't achieved much, I do have a good excuse though we have a sick bunny, we think it may be wool block (listen to me I think I'm a vet) but basically its because when the angora grooms itself it obviousley ingests some of its own fur and I guess because it has such a long coat sometimes it becomes like a big fur balll which bllocks there insides up completely. So heres an image for you, me the city girl attempting to pick up a sick rabbit gently tipping it on its back keeping hold of it and trying to give it a dose of Liquid Parrifin Emulsion, all I can say is that I am glad that it was a good tempered bunny by the second time I actually got more in the bunny than down me, the other side effect especially in this cold weather is that they stop drinking so I a also trying to feed her a glucose solution, I am on a very steep learning curve but she seems a little brighter this evening and was nibbling quite happily on some dry bed last time I checked on her so fingers crossed we will see what the morning brings.
We won't talk about the Raeburn.
And all of this and no choclate in the house.....

1 comment:

Stasia said...

Have you any Timothy hay? Feeding it daily will help prvent wool block... alfalfa can be too high in calcium, and of course they only chew on straw but don't actually eat it... if you can get some it may help her pass. I believe stomach massages can help as well but I don't know how to do it. I've just started reading your blog, so I don't know how much you know and you must excuse me if I'm preaching to the choir! :-) But if it IS wool block, time is of the essence so she may need to see a vet. If her stools have been not "individual" but stuck together like on a string recently, that is also an indication of block... good luck!