Thursday, June 08, 2006

Shock Domestication

Look how domesticated I'm getting this is my first ever casserole, now I have to confess the sauce is from a packet and I ran out of room for green stuff and maybe went a bit mad with the pearl barley but it was edible.
It is strange learning to live together, my time with Robin was slightly different, I am actually eating at regular times and proper food, I am also trying all sorts of things that I haven't done in years as I guess when you are cooking for yourself for so long you end up sticking to the same things after a while and now we have something new almost every night.
Its also strange sharing space with someone, I have spent so long in my own place that suddenly there are all sorts of dilemmas like draw alocation, hanging space and where you keep the cleaning products and so on and so forth, I am sure this is really boring for all of you that have been there done it and got the T-shirt but I am still revelling in the new experiences. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nic - if you are a veggie don't read on, but a really really simple casserole is this:
1 onion, 1 carrot, pack of stewing or braising steak, 1 can of campbell's condensed cream of chicken.
chop onion, slice carrot and put ALL the ingredients in the casserole, refill the soup can with hot water and add that too.
Put on a lowish setting for 2-3 hrs. Delicious. You can add stuff like tomato puree and pepper if you want, but the soup adds the flavour and makes a thick gravy.
d:)

I, Like The View said...

I could share the recipe for a really scrummy veggie lasagne if you'd like!

xx