Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Lucky Girl

Recently I have been lucky enough to get hold of a couple of things that I have been wanting for a while firstly this, I have been wanting a copy of this book forever and just missed out at the KCG on Skip North but I was lucky and Michelle brought me a copy back from the states last week and am trying really hard not to cast another thing on.

The second thing were these needles from spinning on the edge, she has had them in her store for a while but I had the same problem as I had with the book I don't have a credit card, for good reasons I know what I would be like if I did. They have this beautiful batik pattern, she also included some american sweets into my parcel, she has really good shipping rates and only charges what it costs to ship.

Now to answer a couple of questions about the blue sweetcorn, yes it was just like sweetcorn with not quite as much taste, I think it kept its colour because I microwaved it in its outer leaves.

The dish cloth pattern is from this group who has a great resource of patterns available and are a really friendly group.

Sorry had a slight problem with the link all fixed now (thank you Fred)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Piglottie said...

Gorgeous needles! I'm trying to get hold of a pair of 12mm circs. Shame she doesn't have any for sale at the moment, but you may have just tempted me to email her!

littlelixie said...

Aren't those needles fab? Is that the woman from the spinning on the edge group? I haven't checked in there for ages. Like the dishcloth thing too and the afghan idea. Went to swapbot and joined a few little swaps the other day. Quite cute really.

Fred said...

Stop shopping and get your shawl finished :P

Piglottie said...

Thanks for the email Nic. Unfortunately, I didn't have the patience to wait to order a pair to arrive from Alaska because I just had to get the item knitted NOW! Shall bear it in mind for the future though.

I, Like The View said...

what gorgeous needles!