1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don’t think I dislike any yarn they all have their place and uses.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a couple of needle rolls plus a very nice vase
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I cannot remember when I learnt to knit it seems that I have always been knitting, as for my skill level I guess I am somewhere between intermediate and advanced but I love a bit of a challenge.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an Amazon wish list and Stash hold a wish list for me
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I love vanilla but when I was in the states last I fell in love with some candles that smelt of sunwashed Linen and storm watch
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Oh most definitely but I am allergic to nuts so have to be a little careful.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
You name it I probably have tried it, at the moment I am having fun creating ATC’s and patchwork but I love all crafts and always interested to try something I haven’t done before, oh and yes I do spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love all music, in fact the only thing I don’t like about music is that some people feel the need to put music into boxes rather than just listening to it. Yes my computer and stereo plays MP3’s
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love colour but am not to fond of the whole peach/orange and yellow range but then again there are always exceptions
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my partner Andy and will be our 8 month anniversary in a weeks time, pets wise we aren't allowed to have any in our present
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear all of those except ponchos but can’t wear wool against my skin
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Anything that’s a challenge, the more complicated the better
13. What are you knitting right now?
Lots of things , socks, the swallowtail shawl from Interweave knits, dolls clothes for Andy’s grand daughter, a clapoti for me, I could go on and on and on
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I love hand made gifts anybody that takes the time on a project for me is wonderful
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Mostly circulars but then again I love those short aliminium Susan Bates
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I own a couple of ball winders and I have the loan of Yvonne’s swift.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Don’t even ask
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas I guess well the run up to Christmas anyway
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Dust, house work…. Ok have a bit of a thing for china tea services
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
The only magazine I buy every month is Interweave Knits, and I can’t think of any patterns I am desperate for .
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Anything new and challenging
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am most definitely I have just been killed off in Sock wars, I am a size 10 UK will get the tape measure out a bit later and add further messages but I can say that I do have swollen ankles so usually only knit myself ankle socks.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)