Thursday, September 15, 2005

Secret Pal 6 Questionaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Don't get me wrong I do love high quality yarn but anything new can also be fun, I knit with everything from wire to carier bags.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?

Yes to both of those, I'm into spinning novelty yarns at the present. I do crochet, not very often but then again if there is a project that inspires me to take up the hook I would.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

Unfortunately for this questionare I can't wear wool, I have to say though that I can still knit with it with no problem and for some reason I can wear it on my feet. The other one is NUTS can't eat them at all, its not that I will be shipped off to hospital but end up with having symptons similar too food poisoning.
4. How long have you been knitting?

I can't actually remember when I started but I know I started to really get back into it just after I graduated in 1999
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I do but it needs updating
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I like musky smells a lot but the only thing that really repels me is Lavender
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Oh yes!
!!!!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

You name it I've tried it. There are just a couple left I really want to tackle, fistly Tatting, my nan died before she got a chance to teach me and Bobbin Lace Making is another.


9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like all kinds, in fact have very eclectic tastes but always open to listen to something new. Yes my computer can play MP3's

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love all colour but I am still having a bit of a green phase and trying to give up my pink addiction,
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live at home with my brother and Father and at present we have two kittens at home, and I have my hamster (kim) at the Studio
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
I tend to live one day at a time just because I find that plans tend to fall apart. I would like a family or some involvement with children as have spent most of my working life being a youth Worker.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I love lornas laces Lion and Lamb, Rowans Calmer, Silkwoods Angora and any GGH as they have a great selection of yarn that is wool free
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I'm not sure that there are any, I think every fibre has its place

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Difficult one this, spinning is taking up a lot of my time at the moment, I do fancey tackling some lace at some point

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Anything complicated, I love the satisfaction in beating a pattern into submission.
17. What are you knitting right now?
A Feather and Fan scarf in Aurora, A biased scarf in a multitude of yarns, a modular jumper (x2) and a cardigan in debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran
18. What do you think about ponchos?
They look good on other people

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circulars (I travel with my knitting a lot)

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Depends on the project

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yes I love sock knitting but do suffer from one sock syndrome

22. How did you learn to knit?
Don't remember

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Don't even ask that question.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I still seem to be going through a Gonzo phase ( I know not really animated but as close as I can get)

25. What is your favorite holiday?
The run up to Christmas, I love to decorate!!!

26. Is there anything that you collect?
NOt really just yarn I guess

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't have any

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Not that I can think of right now but let me update my amazon list and I'm surethat there are a few hundred

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
There are a couple of lace shawl patterns that keep calling my name but am trying not to cast any new projects on until I at leat finish one.ETA:

30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?

I'm a UK size 10/ US size 12 / European 45. I like trainer socks but need quite loose ankles.

No comments: